Director of TechnologyApply on TriNet
TXT: Teens Exploring Technology
We are a nationally recognized NPO focused on inspiring young men of color to become tech entrepreneurs and transformational leaders. We use code as a tool to improve the lives of those living in the inner cities. Our interdisciplinary curriculum develops leadership, entrepreneurship, design and coding skills among black and brown boys. At the end of the day, our main focus is to develop young men of color into innovative, futuristic, unbound thinkers who will change the world.
Director of Technology will lead all technology at URBAN TXT: Teens Exploring Technology. This position is considered a critical part of the leadership team. The director will lead the development and execution of the organization’s technology strategy to support the URBAN TXT mission.
The Director of Technology is an important thought leader around innovation and technology as we build and scale. Oversee day-to-day operations while managing and developing tools in moving forward, URBAN TXT as a leader in technology and innovation in the nation.
The position will lead to planning and execution with an understanding that developing/sourcing new technology tools and enhancing existing ones. The successful candidate will need to multitask, comfortable managing multiple areas at different times, managing the Tech-in-Residence program, and most important cultivating a culture of innovation among young men of color.
- Work in partnership with the senior leadership to provide strategic vision, thought leadership, direction for technology, and create execution plans for long-range and short-term strategic plans.
- Manage innovation for strategic programmatic goals and strategy. Which will focus on curriculum, internal tools, research, and development for the organization and TXT Labs.
- Plan and execute TXT’s high-quality coding and youth development programs.
- Plan, develop, select, implement and oversee technology curriculum, which will make a dent in tech companies and in the lives of young men of color.
- Lead the development of budgeting and purchasing plans for investments in technical infrastructure; manage the vendor selection process.
- Work closely with CEO to develop a protocol to ensure consistency in technology usage and implementation for scale.
- Train and support staff with technology services, design thinking methodologies, and protocol, including but not limited to orientation for all new hires; serve as the heartbeat of innovation and technology among the leadership team.
- Manage junior developers and tech fellows ( a.k.a Tech in-residence team).
- Along with the leadership team build and foster strategic relationships with multiple steak-holders, including parents and youth.
- Act as the main point for all tech company partnerships in regards to DEI opportunities.
- Monitor and manage all IT systems and services to meet or exceed agreed-upon service levels with the organization in coordination with Junior Developers.
- Work collaboratively with existing partners to leverage technology resources and define new initiatives to support the community.
- Overall responsibility for implementing, maintaining and upgrading all technology systems and services, including website, internal in house created database.
- Other duties as assigned to move forward the inclusion of POC in tech.
- Have fun and innovate as we change the world of tech.
- Desire to work with young men of color of ages 12-22.
- Passion for coding.
- An experienced professional with fairly broad business background with a focus in technology.
- Experience with online learning and training systems.
- Experience in back-end systems, logical architecture, and working with developers.
- Ability to prioritize projects in a way that ensures available resources are being maximized.
- Experience managing teams and developing individual contributors remotely.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to connect effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Able to work in a tech startup environment.
- Must be ok with Ambiguity.
- Ability to work under pressure during peak seasons of activity, and work quickly but effectively by prioritizing tasks.
- Its a plus if you know how to code using JS, but not required.
The Candidate will need a background check, have a car and CA driver’s license, and be willing to work on Saturdays when necessary; this is a full-time position. Compensation based on experience. Full benefits include health, dental and vision. BTW: you got to like dogs, bagel comes around once in a while.