Development and Operations ManagerApply on TriNet
TXT: Teens Exploring Technology
We are a nationally recognized NPO focused on inspiring young men of color to become tech entrepreneurs and transformational leaders. We use code as a tool to improve the lives of those living in the inner cities. Our interdisciplinary curriculum develops leadership, entrepreneurship, design and coding skills among black and brown boys. At the end of the day, our main focus is to develop young men of color into innovative, futuristic, unbound thinkers who will change the world.
The Development and Operations Manager will work on the day-to-day operations of TXT through strategic and tactical operation. This person will have the opportunity to shape TXT and learn an enormous amount about running a social conscious tech startup. In addition to strong people skills, the successful candidate needs to be highly organized and take initiative to coordinate, execute, and growth of TXT. The development side will develop, manage, and submit grant applications, and reports. In addition, to Implementing and supporting fundraising initiatives. The Operations component will include QuickBooks, working with the accountant, 501c(3) compliance, creating processes expense and revenue management. Will Work closely with the Executive Director on company outreach and program growth. This person will report to the CEO.
- Maintain trusting relationships with all TXT partners.
- Develop and optimize process in order to work effectively in a lean start up environment.
- Handle all financial transactions with accountant.
- Track and monitor all program expenses, revenue, and fiscal needs of programs.
- Track all reporting requirements and submit all final grant reports.
- Work with accountant on submission of taxes.
- Oversee the writing, editing, submission of all grant proposals and letters of Inquiries.
- Create and implement systems to manage the processing, recognition, and stewardship of donor gifts.
- Create and execute donor pledge campaign, acknowledgments, and gift receipting.
- Manage the processing of individual donor pledge payments.
- Develop donor and sponsorship materials.
- Coordinate development meetings of new and existing programs with corporate sponsors, and foundations.
- Assist in the management and development of TXT program expansion through fundraising.
- Collect and analyze data and statistical records to generate reports for Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Support open communication throughout the organization and proactively serve internal communication on topics that affect all staff.
- Support the CEO in implementing a Design Thinking culture in order to improve processes, programs, and overall effectiveness of organization through rapid data collection.
- Ensure a fun, hustling, and innovative environment to better serve communities of color all over the nation.
- Other Duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably with relevant work experience.
- Excellent organization skills and a self- starter who likes being in entrepreneurial settings.
- Interested in coding, innovation and making with technology.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Developing operations protocol, workflow and designing and implementing new processes.
- Work in a fast-‐paced environments with multiple priorities and deadlines, including the ability to supervise and give direction to staff, contractors, and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, creatively, with initiative and accurately with minimal supervision and within specific deadlines.
- Skill in analyzing information, problems, situations, practices, or procedures to define the problem or objective, identify relevant concerns for factors, identify patterns, tendencies, and relationships, formulate logical and objective conclusions, and recognize alternatives and their implications.
Candidate will need a background check, have a car and CA driver’s license. This is a full-time position. Compensation based on experience.